The Challenge

I am going to spend the next 30 days feeding my family of 5 using only the food I have in my pantry and freezer right now! Check in to see what creative recipes and tips I come up with! And maybe you'll be inspired to make a little Middle Class Magic of your own!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's Fall!! Time for some Halloween-y Munchies!!

My parents are still in town, and are hanging out at home during the day while Bob and I are at work and the kids are at school.  I thought I'd make some of this YUMMY snack mix for them to nibble on while we are gone.  I got this recipe last year from Our Best Bites blog and it is addictive!

Goblin Grub {Chewy Chex Cereal Mix}

6 1/2 c. Rice Chex (I use store brand)
4 1/2 c. Golden Grahams (I use the store brand)
1 c. sliced almonds ( I use whatever I have, which is usually pecans)
2 c. coconut
3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) real butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. light Karo syrup
1 tsp. vanilla

In a VERY LARGE bowl, combine cereal, almonds, and coconut. Set aside.

In a large saucepan, combine butter, Karo syrup, and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook for three minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. While the mixture is still hot, pour over the cereal mixture and stir well so the candy mixture coats the cereal.

This is so good.......chewy, sweet, coconutty.........I hope they save some for me!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful. I might need to make this for bunco tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete