The Challenge

I am going to spend the next 30 days feeding my family of 5 using only the food I have in my pantry and freezer right now! Check in to see what creative recipes and tips I come up with! And maybe you'll be inspired to make a little Middle Class Magic of your own!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 2!

I'm not sure if I should call tonight Middle Class Magic or Ghetto Fabulous!  I made some mean dishes tonight with just a few ingredients and A LOT of creativity. 

First, remember the Crock Pot Creamy Chicken and Noodles from Sunday night?  Well, I took the leftovers, added 2 cups of chicken stock (made from boullion) and heated it through.  It morphed from a noodle dish to a totally awesome chicken noodle soup!! 


Next, I took the leftover meatballs and sauce from last night's meatball subs.  I boiled some spaghetti noodles, folded it into the warmed (in the microwave) sauce and put it in a pie pan.  I added pepperoni and shredded cheese and baked it in a 350 degree oven with some garlic toast (ala almost stale hamburger buns). 


Now, I realize I am revealing my deepest, darkest kitchen secrets to you.  Is it a little embarassing to use hamburger buns to make garlic toast?  yes.  Am I hoping that most of you have done it too? yes!  Am I also hoping to inspire some of you to make some of your own middle class magic?  Absolutely! 

I love not wasting food and not spending any money, but still feeding my family flavorful, home cooked meals!  My next big endeavor will be Thursday night when I come up with 2 desserts to take to a party Saturday night--solely from the stuff in my pantry!  Stay Tuned!!

1 comment: