The Challenge

I am going to spend the next 30 days feeding my family of 5 using only the food I have in my pantry and freezer right now! Check in to see what creative recipes and tips I come up with! And maybe you'll be inspired to make a little Middle Class Magic of your own!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Monday-Week 2 of the Big Challenge


Tonight’s dinner is one of those odd combinations of foods that end up really work together! It is sort of a melding of 2 big food cultures that aren’t often seen together.

A couple of months ago, Bob went to our nephew Patrick’s house to watch pay-per-view boxing and while he was there, had Italian sausage wrapped in a warm flour tortilla with pico de gallo on top. He LOVED it! Then a few weeks later at the Guardian Angel’s ice cream social (the parish where Bob grew up) we had them again.
Kansas City has some great sources for Italian sausage, and this time I used Scimeca’s, a well known Kansas City brand. Bob grilled them, I warmed the tortillas and made some quick pico…….1 diced tomato (seeds removed); 1/3 of a red onion, diced; 1 T. chopped cilantro and garlic salt. It was quick, easy and very good!

Baby girl isn't sure if she's going to like italian sausage in a tortilla!

No comments:

Post a Comment