The Challenge

I am going to spend the next 30 days feeding my family of 5 using only the food I have in my pantry and freezer right now! Check in to see what creative recipes and tips I come up with! And maybe you'll be inspired to make a little Middle Class Magic of your own!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tuesday-Brown Bananas.........

D.C.M (10 y/o son) had a football game at 5:30.  They won and he had a great game.  I had planned on making breakfast for dinner..........a common favorite among many families, I know.........but not one with mine.  Bob just does not like to have breakfast for dinner.  And I was going to make pancakes and everything.  So, I said "FINE." and proceeded to drive to Taco Bell. 

I did make something really yummy, though, straight out of the pantry. 


Almost gone by 9:30 this morning!
 It's a moist, sweet banana cake.  I had these 3 over-ripe bananas calling my name the last few days, but I didn't feel like starting anything from scratch.  So I took a yellow cake mix and added the ingredients called for on the box-except I only put in 1 cup of water instead of 1 1/4.  I smushed up the bananas, added them, along with a 1tsp. of vanilla.  Mixed it all really well with my wire whisk and baked it in a 9 x 13 pan for 30 minutes.  After it cooled, I drizzled it with a little canned vanilla frosting (always doctored up with more real vanilla) left over from another project and some chopped pecans.  It was a big hit at work, as you can see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment