The Challenge

I am going to spend the next 30 days feeding my family of 5 using only the food I have in my pantry and freezer right now! Check in to see what creative recipes and tips I come up with! And maybe you'll be inspired to make a little Middle Class Magic of your own!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Dinner- Day One

Tonight the Chiefs play on Monday Night Football, so I wanted something that would be good football watchin' food.  I also worked til 6, which is really late for me, so I was looking for something quick and easy.  I had a big bag of frozen meatballs (turkey meatballs, even!) in the freezer and a jar of spaghetti sauce in the pantry.  I bought hoagie rolls yesterday before I started on my challenge, so we were all set for meatball grinders.  I warmed the meatballs and sauce in a pan while I preheated the oven to 350.  Next I filled the rolls with meatballs and sauce and topped them with shredded cheese.  I baked them in the oven for about 8 minutes til they were crispy and the cheese was melted.  The kids LOVED them.  And so did Bob.  I guess day one was a success.  Have no idea what tomorrow will bring, but I have plenty of stock, so I'm sure it will be good!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent football food, if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete