The Challenge

I am going to spend the next 30 days feeding my family of 5 using only the food I have in my pantry and freezer right now! Check in to see what creative recipes and tips I come up with! And maybe you'll be inspired to make a little Middle Class Magic of your own!

Monday, September 13, 2010

A Little Pre-Challenge Kick Off

Last night I guess I was sort of getting in the mood for my big challenge when I came up with this dinner. E.M.M. (darling 10 y/o daughter) had volleyball games at 3 and 5, which sort of limited me on time to prepare anything. So, around 2, before we left for the game, I made this little bit of slow-cooker magic:



SLOW COOKER CREAMY CHICKEN AND NOODLES

Ingredients:

Pasta, 1 bag of dry, wide egg noodles

butter, 1/2 cup (1 stick)

Cream of Mushroom Soup, 1 can

Cream of Chicken Soup, 1 can

Cream of Celery Soup, 1 can

Chicken broth, 1 can

Chicken breast, 5 boneless skinless

salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste



Spray inside of crock pot with non-stick spray. Pour dried noodles into crock pot. Mix together melted butter, 3 cans of soup and broth. Pour 2/3 of soup mixture over noodles, stir. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder and lay on top of noodles. Pour the rest of the soup mixture on top of the chicken breasts. Add another can of water to crock pot if needed to bring liquid level to top of noodles. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.



This is pretty "country" but was soooo flavorful. All 3 kids gobbled it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment